SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 15, 2018

MY LOVE Beanie FREE Crochet Pattern


Since I recently started hand dyeing yarn again, I knew I had to use some of it to work up something special! What better way than to create a FREE crochet pattern for you guys? My original idea was to create a shawl design. I love shawls and have always wanted to design my own, but it just wasn't coming out the way I had envisioned. I was so disappointed! I decided to frog it and go with something completely different. (I haven't forgotten about the shawl, it will come when inspiration strikes!) But, for now.. it's still super cold here in NY and I figured a cute slouchy beanie would be perfect. With it being February, the month of love - I grabbed my pretty "Mon Amour" colorway and voila!


Here's the FREE crochet pattern for the MY LOVE BEANIE!
Pattern written & created by April Turner (@fibermeup)
MATERIALS:
• 1 skein of my hand-dyed yarn in DK weight MCN - "Mon Amour"
However, you can use any DK weight yarn. (approx. 165 yds)

• Size G (4.5 mm) crochet hook

SIZE:
(Adult)
Measures 20" in circumference 

ABBREVIATIONS:

C = chain
St. = stitch
HDC = half double crochet
HDC BLO =  HDC in the BACK loop only

Definition of HDC BLO - Yarn over, insert hook into the BACK loop only. Yarn over,
pull it through. Wrap your yarn over once again and pull through all 3 of the loops.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Row 1. Chain 36, turn. HDC in the 3rd st. from hook (first 2 chains count as your first HDC) HDC across 34x. (35 sts.)


Row 2. C2, turn (this counts as your first HDC). HDC BLO (not in same stitch) across 33x then HDC in the last stitch for 35 sts. total. (You will end each repeat row with 35 total sts. - this always includes your starting C2 and ending HDC.)

Row 3. Repeat Row 2 for another 54 rows (56 total). Once complete, fasten off leaving a long string for seaming.

Lay your rectangle out. Fold the piece over in half, so both ends meet. Then, begin to seam your ends together with a whip stitch. Once you've seamed the entire piece, knot your string to the starting string. (Just don't fasten off yet!)

Now, with the strings at the top. Begin to weave the longer string through the tops of each of the stitches.
Weaving it in and out - just like a "running stitch" - around the entire top edge of your crocheted piece.


Once you've gone around the top, gently pull the string like a drawstring. The top will neatly cinch together with a bit of help. Weave the string through, knot it and fasten off. Tuck in your ends. Then flip your hat right side out and add a faux fur pom pom to complete the look!




Tag your projects on Instagram #MyLoveBeanie



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an original pattern. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you'd like to share the pattern, please link back to this post. You may keep a copy for your own personal use, but DO NOT sell or distribute it. You may sell items made from the pattern, but please credit the design to me: April Turner and provide a link back to my blog.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all enjoy creating with this FREE pattern!
Happy Hookin'

Post a Comment