SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

A peek at a new Fall design..

It's been a while since I've shared what I've been working on. Things have been kind of slow going over here because I've been working on yet another big piece. Yes, it's a Fall sweater! If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen a peek or two (..and if you don't follow me, you should! 😜) I've seen so many beautiful oversized cardigans lately, but they're all knit.. and they're made with chunky yarn. I don't love to crochet with chunky yarn, it never comes out the way I plan for. Plus, I feel like it would just be way too heavy to make an entire sweater out of. It's a bummer. I love the knit look, but definitely can't knit well enough to make a sweater (though, I hope to one day)! So, I decided to take that inspiration and design and write up the pattern for my very own original oversized crochet cardigan!

I found this gorgeous tweed yarn from "Stitch Studio by Nicole" at A.C. Moore! Where I live, they always have the largest selection and best yarns to choose from. Anyway, I thought it was new, but it turns out it's actually a seasonal yarn. It comes in these HUGE skeins (which, I think is a major plus) and it's so much softer than I thought it would be. As soon as I felt it in my finger tips, I knew I needed it! It's going to hold it's shape really well for a sweater and it's not chunky! Woohoo! I bet it would make a beautiful blanket too. (I guess I'll have to keep that in mind for the future!)

Here's a behind-the-scenes peek at my up and coming Fall sweater design..

Of course the pattern will features an easy-to-achieve, beautifully textured stitch. It also has a unique construction. Honestly, construction is something I pride myself on. I love to make something that's been made before, but in a completely different way. The end result might be similar, but if I can take an idea and build on it.. putting my own spin on it in an original way -- then I am all for it! Especially if it means simplifying a pattern so that it's quicker and easier to do (and involves less seaming 😏).

The sweater will also feature some beautiful and surprisingly EASY ribbing!

Overall, I'm pretty excited.. It's more than half way done already! In fact, I'd say I'm nearing the finish line. I managed to get both panels completed (front and back) in just a few days. What can I say? I love working on new designs! I've already begun to seam up the body of the sweater. I even started on the sleeves, however as I was nearing the middle of sleeve #1, I realized I was going to run out of yarn with about 4 inches of each sleeve left to do. So, I'm headed back to A.C. Moore later today to grab one more skein to finish up those sleeves! I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't make the design work with just the two of those huge skeins. The good news is, now that I have all that extra yarn.. I'll be adding some super cozy little details like pockets!! Anyway, I'll keep ya'll posted.

Happy Hookin'

Post a Comment