SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, June 22, 2017

My Textured Washcloth FREE Crochet Pattern

So, I have to admit.. I'd been putting off my second post on here because I really wasn't sure what I wanted to share with you guys. I've had so many ideas floating around in my head, I didn't know where to start. When, I got right down to it.. I remembered.. this whole thing was for me -- to be able to share my art, and talk about new ideas & patterns. I needed an outlet. So, I've decided to share my very first FREE pattern! I went for a quick, simple pattern.. something that we could all use or give as a gift! A beginner-friendly pattern with some seriously amazing texture! (Because.. who doesn't love some texture?!)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the FREE crochet pattern for my TEXTURED WASHCLOTH!
Pattern written & created by April Turner (@fibermeup)

MATERIALS:
• I used one ball of Premiere Home Cotton yarn (approx. 140 yds)
• Size K (6.50 mm) crochet hook

SIZE: (laid flat)
Width is approx. 9.5"
Length is approx. 9.5"

ABBREVIATIONS:
C = chain
St. = stitch
Sl. St. = slip stitch
SC = single crochet
HDC = half double crochet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Row 1. Chain 30.
Row 2. Turn. SC back across your foundation chain.


Row 3. C2, HDC (in the 1st stitch) then slip stitch into the next.
*HDC in next, then slip stitch into the next.* Repeat from * to * all the way to the end of the row, ending with a HDC in the last stitch. (You'll have 30 sts. total - this includes your C2 at the beginning of the row.)


Row 4. Repeat Row 3 for another 33 rows.
Once you've reached the last stitch in the last row, C1 and begin working SCs in the loops/sts. around the outer edge of your cloth. This gives your cloth a nice & neat, finished edge. Now, fasten off & weave in your ends.

Tag your projects on Instagram #TexturedWashcloth

This is an original pattern. Please do not claim this pattern as your own. If you would like to share the pattern, please link back to this post. You may keep a copy for your own personal use, but DO NOT sell or distribute it. You may sell items made from the pattern, but please credit the design to me: April Turner and provide a link to my blog: fibermeup.blogspot.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


I hope you enjoyed this FREE pattern! These washcloths are my favorite go-to side project. They're fun, have such a beautiful texture & work up super quickly (even for last-minute gifts). Plus.. washcloths disappear quicker than socks in my house. (Don't ask how, I still haven't figured that one out. Ugh.) Create a matching set, or one in coordinating colors. They make a great gift for your son/daughter's teacher, a co-worker or friend who's having a housewarming party, or heck - even Grandma!

This is the first of many patterns I hope to share here on my blog!

Happy Hookin'

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for sharing this pattern - perfectly explained and easy to follow, photos are extremely helpful. My new favourite washcloth - up until now I favoured knit patterns but this is awesome. Your work is beautifully done.
    Thanks again,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene! That's so wonderful to hear. I'm really happy you like the pattern! Thank you so much!

      Delete