SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Let's talk goals..


What's your biggest goal as an artist or designer? Mine is definitely designing cool pieces around today's fashion. I love to take an idea of a simple style or unique construction and translate that into a crochet piece that's different from anything you've seen. I love fashion and working with different fibers and textures. I'm a creative mind in all aspects. It's like I have this constant want to make or come up with these amazing new things. I can do all of that through crochet and designing. I think it's the most satisfying form of art there is.



I have business related goals too .. but, I don't like to call them goals. I feel like it sets a limit on creativity and can give you a major creative block. I'd rather just brainstorm ideas until I come up with the perfect one. Then, I set my mind to do it and I get it done. I mean, don't get me wrong.. I can procrastinate sometimes, but when it comes down to it.. I want to do what I love. I like drawing up new designs and starting new projects. I even enjoy the whole process of writing up patterns. That's never been a struggle for me. I think it's largely because I don't set unreasonable "goals" only to give up when I don't quite hit the mark. When you do that, it's just not fun anymore. Guys, don't put crazy expectations on yourself!! Just be YOU and make what you love!!


No more crazy expectations. We can all have goals. Let's just call them ideas. When you've got an idea, you make it happen. I've got ideas. I've been putting a lot more thought into where I want to go and what I want to do as a designer. I want to stay consistent and focused. I'd love to look into getting my patterns published, eventually have an amazing crochet blog (I'm workin on it!) and get back into dyeing yarn (this summer, hopefully!) so I can start up my shop again. I miss it!

So many great ideas in my head. I keep telling myself to grab a notebook and start writing. It's a great thought. Get those ideas out on paper and then weed through them to find the next best thing. I still haven't started. It's just so tedious to remember to write every little thought down and I'm totally OCD when it comes to writing (in fact, I'll probably edit this post a thousand times. Don't judge!) I write stuff over and over until I like the way it sounds in my head. (Yes, I'm weird.) Anyway, I decided to save some trees and my wrist by doing the next best thing: starting this blog. I hope you guys will check in once in a while and follow along! I promise, it will be fun!

So, let's talk about the ideas you have for your small business!

Post a Comment