SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 21, 2018

Netflix + Crochet


What's your favorite thing to do while crocheting? Occasionally I watch crochet podcasts on YouTube or listen to audiobooks on Audible (both of which are great options) ..but my all-time favorite thing is binge watching Netflix shows! If you haven't tried it, you're totally missing out. Go get it! I'm always looking for a new show to get hooked on. In fact, I've watched so many really great ones, that I keep a list of my favorites to share with my friends/family! Today, that is exactly what I'm going to do! Click below for a list of the most binge-worthy Netflix + Crochet shows..


I'm going to break my faves down into 6 general categories for ya'll - so you can more easily find what you'd like!

Girly Drama (for lack of a better description):
Hart of Dixie - Follows a city girl (who wants to be a surgeon) when she moves to Alabama to become a doctor at her dead father's practice (who she never really knew). It's cute and funny. Loved the characters! I've seen it twice!
Heartland - Is a great kid-friendly show about a family with a young girl who grows up on a ranch. After a tragedy hits, it follows the girl as she learns she has the ability to help and train horses in need just like her mother did.
Gossip Girl - Follows a group of rich teens who lives are disheveled by a mystery blogger spreading their secrets.
Riverdale - A teen drama, based on the characters of the old Archie comics, but darker and more mysterious! The entire first season focuses on finding out how and why their class-mate was murdered.. and who was behind it.

Medical:
Grey's Anatomy - I literally binge watched 13 seasons of this show the fastest of any other show. I caught up right before season 14 began airing on tv and now, well.. I'm all caught up. It's a great show that constantly keeps you on the edge of your seat. My only recommendation is to try and not get too attached to any of the characters! A lot of my favorites are no longer on the show. It sucks, but honestly.. I think that's what keeps the show so fresh.

Family Drama:
Shameless - Hilarious, yet REAL and relatable. They touch on a little of everything. There's 7 seasons and I believe the 8th is arriving on Netflix in the Fall. I'd say that the last season or two have been more on the funny side with a little less crazy. I still love it though. Not kid friendly. It follows a poor, dysfunctional family with an alcoholic father.
Bloodline - I read bad reviews on this show saying that Season 1 was great but they didn't love the rest. Honestly, I don't agree at all. I feel it has a very slow start in season 1 (where they start building the characters and their pasts) and I almost gave up on watching it ..but once season 2 hit I was hooked and loved every minute of it until the end.

Crime:
The Killing - I love Linden and Holder, they are my favorite detective duo. This show will really keep you guessing until the end of each season. Sometimes leading you off in like 20 different directions, but always bringing it back at the end. I liked how each season was based around a new case. I just really wish it didn't end when and how it did!
Broadchurch - A dark drama, about the mystery behind a child's murder and what follows for the families involved.
Longmire - About a Wyoming sheriff who uncovers crimes and cover-ups involving a native american reservation.
The Fall - Not kid friendly.. however, it's just the right amount of creepy and unusual for my taste. It follows a female detective, who's chasing a really creepy serial killer played by Jamie Dornan (--from 50 Shades). Need I say more?
Sons Of Anarchy - Not kid friendly. One of my favorites. I still remember watching it for the first time. A bunch of tough bikers blowing up a building. I wasn't into it, but I'm glad I sat through the first few episodes.. because it's so much more than that. Really. Plus, you'll end up falling in love with all of the characters! (Like my favorite, Opie! )
Criminal Minds - Realistic crime show, that's told in a more family-friendly way than most. My daughter loves this show. She's been watching it with me since she was little! It's about a team of FBI profilers who analyze the actions and minds of serial killers to try and stop them. They always have cameos of other really great actors/actresses too.
Breaking Bad - Another of my favorites! Funny, yet realistic. If you haven't seen it, go watch it now! It's about a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer and turns to making/selling drugs to pay off his medical bills.
Bates Motel - So good! Inspired by 'Psycho" - About a boy and how he slowly unravels and turns into a serial killer.
7 Seconds - I just found out it won't be returning for a second season. However, season 1 definitely told the story to completion. It's a real, very raw story about a young boy who is hit and killed and how the police tried to cover it up.
13 Reasons Why - It follows the story of a young girl who commits suicide and leaves behind 13 tapes (each for a different person) explaining the 13 reasons she chose to take her own life. They just released season 2 this week.

Legal:
How To Get Away With Murder - It's about an attorney/law professor who's students find themselves tangled up in a murder. The story escalates as it goes on and a bunch of stuff ends up linking back to their professor and her past.
Scandal - About a woman leading a group of "fixers" who find themselves at the beckon call of the white house and other high profile people. They make all their problems "go away" and occasionally even the people causing them.

Super Natural:
Stranger Things - Inspired by 80s horror and sci-fi. The show follows a group of kids and the story that unfolds when one of them mysteriously goes missing (lots of creepy government experiments and supernatural forces included).
The Rain - A Scandinavian series new to Netflix. It's a voice-over. Typically this drives me nuts (there are a few spots where the translation is a little off), but since I was listening while I crocheted, I actually enjoyed it! I just finished Season 1. I'm not sure if there will be a second. It follows two siblings who are forced to stay in a bunker when a rain-carried virus spreads. Six years later, they are forced to leave and discover who and what is left of the world outside.


Do you have a favorite Netflix show? Let me know in the comments!

Happy Hookin'

3 comments :

  1. You should try black mirror!!! Best show ever! I just started Bates motel im loving it so far I'm on season 2! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have watched that as well, loved it … I just couldn't get into all the episodes in this past season. I look forward to the next season though!! There are always some really good ones.

      Delete
  2. Well, you have written down some fantastic series here. If you are adding the kids’ content as well then you must add shows by Andy Yeatman to it. I watched it with my kids and you have to believe the show has a lot to offer, entertainment, knowledge and fun.

    ReplyDelete